In order to improve your search engine rankings and increase organic traffic, you need to post high-quality content on a frequent basis. This allows Google to crawl your site on a regular basis and when your posts are relevant, your site will rank higher. Posting questions on your site is a great way to improve your search rankings. Let’s get started!
One of the main reasons why search engines rank websites on the first page is because they solve a problem that a user was searching for. This is determined when a user searches for a keyword visits a website and stays on it for a longer time compared to other websites trying to rank for the same keyword.
If your website doesn’t get a user’s attention span and fails to hold them back, there are high chances it won’t rank high enough on search engines. This process helps search engines figure out which websites solve that specific keyword problem the most and rank them accordingly.
We all know about Quora and other websites that help us find answers to our questions, but most of the time the answer is not detailed enough or needs a longer explanation to satisfy the user’s need.
I call this the Question Answer SEO Technique!
Here is how it works – Search for questions that either have list-based answers or involve steps. Something that is long-form and not small enough to be already answered on some forum.
Here are the exact steps to find topics that could be used to create blogs for the Question Answer SEO Technique.
- Pick a topic/industry that you understand well and can answer questions about.
- Create a resources section under your website and add all the blogs that follow the Question Answer SEO Technique here.
- Find questions about tools or a specific question about a feature in a tool (e.g. How to do a competitor keyword analysis using free SEO tools – This is just an example but you get the idea of what you need to be looking for.)
- For reference points, you can visit answerthepublic.com and get suggestions for popular questions about your topic.
- Create an outline to answer this question (Ideally, 6-8 points) and expand it to around 500-600 words where other similar questions are also answered (e.g. How to do a competitor keyword analysis using Ubersuggest)
- Once you post the blog search for the same questions on Quora. Write a short answer to similar questions and add “to learn more or get the complete guide here and drop your blog”
- Share these on Social media. Convert these blogs to a video and add them to the same blog. Not everyone wants to read the answer, some prefer video-form content + Video content on your blog page will help improve the website’s bounce rate too.
And that’s it. You now have implemented the Question Answer SEO Technique. Remember this, every Question you use should provide an answer that stands a chance to satisfy the user’s need. If the user is happy they might also share it with other people.
Increase Organic Traffic the right way!
If your site is not receiving enough organic traffic, it could be for a number of reasons. Perhaps your site is not mobile-friendly, or your site has a low bounce rate (That is when users visit your website they do not stay on it for long)
To do this, you want to make sure your site has enough content to keep people engaged. You should also make sure your site has a visually appealing design and easy-to-navigate layout, so people don’t get frustrated and leave your site.
That being said, If you have the above point in check and implement the Question Answer SEO Technique in a few months you will start noticing significant increase in your organic website traffic but only if you create quality answers that users are looking for.
Create a newsletter signup and add it to the end of every answer or even a pop-up. Do an A/B to find what works for you. The idea is to use these answers to build a newsletter email database and slowly start marketing your product/services to them overtime.
At the end of every month send a highlight of all the questions answered so far. Something like an index of the Question-Answer section on your website. This will keep your audience up-to-date and engaged with your content.
Digital marketing is an ever-growing thing. Either we keep up with it or become irrelevant. It is by far the most effective process to increase and grow your business revenue.
- Find problems/questions about the topic of your interest.
- Implement Question Answer SEO Technique
- Share on social media/ Convert to video if possible
- Bonus: Collect email signups
That is all for now. I try to regularly write and publish digital marketing tips, techniques and strategies to help businesses achieve more. Keep growing, Stay tuned. Until next time…